Universal Access are a company with international accessibility expertise. Paudie Healy is a social entrepreneur developing and delivering innovative solutions through an economic and sustainable model to affect global change on inclusion for all.
He is a leading expert in creating and developing national, regional, city and town, ‘Tourism for All’ strategies, management, and implementation. Paudie’s expertise also encompasses developing end-to-end accessible services in IT and Information/Marketing Provision, Transport, Facility
Management, Infrastructure, Built Environment, Services, and Training. He works with both SMEs and larger private businesses on accessibility and inclusion.
Paudie is extremely passionate about developing businesses and destinations to be diverse and barrier-free for employees, customers, and citizens. To do this he founded Universal Access and introduced Tourism for All in Ireland, and now works with a team of leading experts to unlock game-changing opportunities for private businesses and public sectors. He says that the 360-degree inclusive approach that Universal Access delivers, also gives businesses and destinations an opportunity to a wider pool of employees with diverse background and needs which can add further value to the organisations.
Universal Access was selected as a partner of the European Network for Accessible Tourism (ENAT) in 2016 to run their new World Tourism for All international pilot and in 2018 was selected by ENAT as the World Tourism for All Programme Master Licence holder for Ireland.
Universal Access works closely with government departments and state agencies in Ireland, through regular updates on development works being implemented on the ground and changing best practice internationally.
In addition to being a keynote speaker at international conferences and events, Paudie also sits as an expert on the following national and international boards and committees:
- Non –Executive Board Director of the European Network for Accessible Tourism.
- National Standards Authority of Ireland built environment committee
- National Standards Authority of Ireland M420 public procurement of accessibility in the built environment committee
- National Standards Authority of Ireland Accessible Tourism committee
- National Standards Authority of Ireland Accessible Design committee
- Advisor in Ireland to the National Tourism Authority Failte Ireland for the development of Accessible Tourism.
- Appointed National Co-ordinator in Ireland for the European Network for Accessible Tourism